iPhoto Albums to External HD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10.12.4. plus an older mac
When I try to send albums from iPhoto to my Ex HD all I get is all of the images. ANy way I can keep the organization on iPhoto to Ex HD and then back when I want the pictures?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Use iPhoto Library Manager from Fat Cat Software (Fat Cat Software) to manage multiple libraries. I've used it for years and it's awesome.

That said, Apple is about to drop iPhoto in favor of the new Photos app for OS X, so if you are running Yosemite and plan to upgrade you may want to wait until then.

Good luck!

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10.12.4. plus an older mac
¡ Many Thanks!

Gratitude for your kind and timely response!

I am on Maverick, shall look for the new Ap and hope it goes smoothly. Tnanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" 2.7GHz Quad Core i5; 8GB; 1TB HDD
Use iPhoto Library Manager from Fat Cat Software (Fat Cat Software) to manage multiple libraries. I've used it for years and it's awesome.

That said, Apple is about to drop iPhoto in favor of the new Photos app for OS X, so if you are running Yosemite and plan to upgrade you may want to wait until then.

Good luck!

Please elaborate on this and/ or provide references. I am new Mac user, using iPhoto on Yosemite. I have grandiose plans and would rather wait if Apple is planning a new platform.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.