Can't see all files and folders on W2K3 AFP share from Classic Apps

E

eswafford

I am having a problem with any Mac running OS X and Classic where the Classic apps can only see one folder in a share in the Open File dialog,which is located on a Windows Server 2003, when logged in as a non-administrative Domain User. If logged in as a Domain Admin, I can see all of the folders. Even if I give Domain Users Full Control to to the folders, they still don't show up. I cannot give all users Domain Admin rights for obvious reasons. Upgrading to OS X versions of the software would be too expensive ($100,000+ for all users of this software). I NEED an answer ASAP. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
What if you try making that user the owner of the folder?

OP
E

eswafford

MacsWork said:
What if you try making that user the owner of the folder?

It doesn't matter who owns the files or folders. Unless the user's group has full control to all folders in the share they only see a couple of the folders, even folders the user has full control of may not be visible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Sometimes in w2k3 if the user is not the owner, ie in a home folder situation, the user won't map it at all. Whether their permissions apply or not. It still wants the user to be the owner.

Anyway,...

Try installing Dave by Thursby.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.