I messed up again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 iMac10,1 High Sierra 10.13.6, Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.06 GHz, 12GB RAM, 500GB Storage
Before I did whatever I did, I could read an email on my iphone and delete it and it still would be on my desk top MAC. Now if I delete it on my phone or on my desk top it deletes from the other device. What did I do to mess up a good thing? Does it have anything to do with iDrive or Family Sharing. Those are really the only two areas I have been in lately. Thanks for any help. I need to get back to like it was before.

Figured it out. I have a problem with Hotmail and had to delete the account and recreate it. It set up (auto) as IMAP and not POP3 like before. With POP3 I have an option to delete or not delete. Now unless I go back to POP3 they delete.

Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
That's right. With IMAP accounts once a change is made, such as deleting an e-mail, the change is reflected on any device used to access the account. Handy for keeping things in sync across multiple devices.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.