printing from usb

Reaction score
My canon MG8150 wi fi printer will not connect so when I print i use a usb stick and print from that.I am trying to print a passport renewal form. It says "will not print PDF file. Format is not supported or the file too large"
can someone help please.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
The problem with wireless printing is the MG8150 is not an airprint enabled printer. There are drivers for it that will allow you to connect it to a USB port and print that way.

https://us.driverscollection.com/?H=PIXMA MG8150&By=Canon

I can't give you anymore information because I don't know what your computer model and year are or what version of OS X it is running.

The error message you are getting is probably because it does not have the ability to read and format for printing a pdf file which is why you need to connect the printer to the computer with a cable to print it.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
That Canon MG8150 must be a non-North American model but regardless I'd say it hasn't been setup properly as it supports USB, Ethernet and wireless connection according to a review:
Trusted Reviews

I'd suggest using the local area Canon support site for setup and software etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
FWIW: I recently purchased a Canon MG5620 in Canada and unpacked it and powered it up on the kitchen counter.

I than went to my computer room and went to Canon's site with Safari, and lo and behold there was a procedure to follow and I was able to setup the printer to our Apple Express and it worked like a hot ****. All done within Safari and Canon's webpage.

Never a cable even used or still needed as in the old fashioned "Normal" method and downloaded drivers for the other Macs, and it works with all our networked Macs and our iPads as well. Quite neat actually and better than Apple's "Normal" method. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You're not exactly providing much info so that we can try and help.

Is the printer listed in your System Preferences under Print & Fax?

If not, use the add (+) new printer and follow directions. Or delete the existing one and start again.

How is it connected?

Have you followed any of the setup directions?

Can you print a test using Text Edit?

Or contact Canon for some help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.