opening LWP files on my mac

Reaction score
I have a number of LWP files from an old PC which I would like to be able to access on my Macbook Air. Can anyone provide any advice about how to do this?
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Hard to help with no computer or operating system details, however LWP is Lotus Word Pro. Have you got access to a Windows PC, or install Windows on whatever your Mac is via BootCamp?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have a number of LWP files from an old PC which I would like to be able to access on my Macbook Air. Can anyone provide any advice about how to do this?
Thanks.

You may be able to view those Lotus Word Pro files by using TextEdit. However, not everything will be able to be viewed. If I remember correctly, not even MS Word for the PC has a built in Lotus Word Pro filter.

OP
M
Reaction score
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Hard to help with no computer or operating system details, however LWP is Lotus Word Pro. Have you got access to a Windows PC, or install Windows on whatever your Mac is via BootCamp?

Thanks for your reply. I do have an old PC in bits in the loft. The files were created on it, so I may have to dig it out - unless I can find a way to read them on my macbook.

OP
M
Reaction score
You may be able to view those Lotus Word Pro files by using TextEdit. However, not everything will be able to be viewed. If I remember correctly, not even MS Word for the PC has a built in Lotus Word Pro filter.

I've tried that with no luck. Thanks for the suggestion.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I just did a Google search and it appears there are a number of ways to open the LWP files, however, all of them involve using a PC (Windows). The easiest I ran across was to use the Windows version of the free Open Office and the LWP filter. I'm wondering if the Mac version of Open Office would be able to do the same? Something for you to explore.. let us know how you fare out. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.