Not getting Facebook notifications in Notification Centre

Reaction score
I have a late 2008 macbook and it tends to play up a bit but normally the issues are resolved. I have been having a notification centre issue the past week or so where Facebook notifications are not showing up. Notifications for apps like iTunes and mail are showing up but not Facebook. I've deleted my Facebook account from internet accounts in settings then added it back on and all the alert options are on yet they still don't show up. I'm running on OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory: 5 GB 1067 MHz DDR3. I replaced the hard drive about a year ago because of startup issues.
If anyone could help that would be amazing!

Reaction score
Simple there is a bug in notification center. For some odd reason it likes physical addresses and items linked through your e-mail contacts calendars but because Facebook is web based it has issues every time Facebook updates its server's it's really strange my Facebook won't notify me at all but my ebay goes to town on it .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.