Please help with MBA A1237 New SSD issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello,

As I'm sure you will be able to guess by the end of this message I am new to this forums and new to Macs in gerenal.

The issue I am facing is that I recently purchased a second hand MBA A1237 2008.
When i received it it had no hdd in it.
I ordered a new kingspec 128gb ssd and also the 10.7 license from the apple store.

I later found out that apple store does not provide 10.7 image so i borrowed my friends image and still having no luck.

I have formatted my bootable usb to GPT format.
i downloaded transmac and restored from image then selected the dmg

The mac boots up and when i hold option key (alt) it only shows the new drive i have installed (named windows!?) and not the USB..?

The image I am using is 10.7.5

If anyone can please shed some light on this i would be forever grateful as I've been trying to do this for the past two days without any luck.

kind regards,

jordan

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're not going to receive help until you purchase a legal copy of OS X Lion. Lion is available for purchase from Apple even if it's not listed in the App store. Here is the LINK where you can purchase it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.