• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Conspiracy involving Intel Imac and XP boot video

Reaction score
Tonight I have had the weirdest night. I installed a new 1GB of memory into my Intel Imac, then i saw the news about Xp on the mac so i downloaded the mov file.

Well it went from bad to worse....i was watching the video and decided to fast forward to the good bits, as i started seeking forward with quicktime.....

disaster struck.....

The entire screen went fuzzy, then there was this intense ghosting and everything went a blue hue...

I have taken some screen shots....now i have never seen anything like this ever on a Mac.....whats going on....is it cause i was watching the xp video lol....APPLE why my Imac do this...?

Gulp

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 68
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
It's a known issue that the Intel Macs have problems with their video cards. Maybe yours is one of the troubled ones.

Here's an article.
Here's another from C|Net.
However, Apple claims to have released an update to this problem here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.