Question about cases, skins, etc for Macbook Air

Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first post here. I just purchased my first Macbook recently (a 13" Macbook Air). So far I love it and wonder why I waited so long to switch from a PC to a Mac! Anyway, I already bought a nice laptop bag for carrying my Macbook around it, but now I'm wondering if I should also get a hard-case or maybe an Otterbox skin for it. I really like the way it looks without anything, but I want it to last as well. What do most of you have on yours (if anything)? Thanks a lot!

Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
Welcome to the forum.

I have just bought a MBA and at the moment it is naked - I intend to leave it this way.

I do however have a case on my white MacBook made by Topideal which fits well and looks like it would do a good job of protecting my MacBook so if I were to put a case on my MBA it would probably be one of those.

Amazon.co.uk: topideal macbook air 13

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I use speck case covers. They come in a hard plastic or a soft satin plastic. I like the hard plastic best. It comes in a clear or different colors and they fit very well. They are a bit pricy but I have not had any issues and I drag my MB Pro and MB Air all over the place.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ds=speck+case+macbook+air?tag=macforums0e4-20

I have the harbor blue on my MB Air. I love the color.

Lisa

C

chas_m

The answer to this question really boils down to "how clumsy are you?"

I carry my MacBook Pro all over the place, but it goes in a soft Incase sleeve when is then placed in a Swiss Gear messenger bag along with other stuff (charger, iPad, etc). It got put the acid test once when I tripped and the bag went flying, but the computer (and iPad) were both undamaged in any way.

Reaction score
I also just purchased my first Mac. The MacBook Air 13". Absolutely love it. Anyway I picked up a Booq Boa Squeeze and have one of their thin sleeves on the way. If the sleeve is anything like the backpack....I definitely recommend Booq. Very well made and offers amazing protection.

I also picked up an Incase hard shell cover but I have yet to receive that. I hear good things about it though.

Reaction score
I recommend a clear plastic shell there are 3 that are made for the macbook air there is one made by a company called. Moshi and its a smoked clear plastic that looks amazing on the macbook air.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.