downloading

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
how to download files from a disc

@OP, re-read your post. Pretend you don't know anything else and answer that question. If you can't, neither can we..

OP
G
Reaction score
need help downloading files from a disc

Ive inserted the disc and opened it, next I've dragged and dropped the files to the download stack but can not progress any further. can anybody help me work out what I'm doing wrong.

Reaction score
You didn't describe your problem properly? What message is showing there when you're going to download the files?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Threads merged - Do not create a post about the same issue in multiple forums. Just add more information to the existing post..

We don't know what disc you have. What are you expecting to happen once you copy the files to the computer? Why are you copying the contents to the computer?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi garyline,

Can you just take us through, step by step, what you are doing? First of all, what Mac do you have and what OS?

You mention "disc". Do you mean a CD? If so, are you working with a Mac that has an in-built CD player or are you using an external device.

What type of files are on the CD—text, photo, music or a mixture of these and/or others?

You mention a drag and drop action—then you "can't progress further". Do you get a message? If yes, what does it say? Or does nothing happen?

I hope this friendly-intended advice gives you some idea of what we need to help you out.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.