Keyboard Input Sources and disappearing items (top menu)

Reaction score
Hello,

I need a quick access to switch between languages.

I use 2 languages, and sometimes I need special signs, not available in the U.S. input setting.

On the pictures I showed which items are disappearing, besides "Show Input menu in menu bar" - this item stays checked (like it should be).

Questions:
  1. Is there any way to not make it disappearing?
  2. If "1=No," is is possible to launch it back with the help of Automator?

Thank you

1.png

2.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We also use two languages on occasion, and I have mine setup exactly as you show yours, however, I really don't understand what you're trying to accomplish? I can easily switch between the two languages by accessing the menu item at the top. If you're referring to displaying the keyboard input, there's no way that I know of to automate it.

OP
H
Reaction score
We also use two languages on occasion, and I have mine setup exactly as you show yours, however, I really don't understand what you're trying to accomplish? I can easily switch between the two languages by accessing the menu item at the top. If you're referring to displaying the keyboard input, there's no way that I know of to automate it.

Sorry I wasn't clear enough.

The items I pointed out with the red arrows (besides the checkbox) disappear and I have to:
  • Again add the Polish Pro language manually
  • Add the keyboard and the characters viewers manually

I haven't seen anywhere anyone with a similar problem. Thus, I'm also looking for an assistance with an Automator solution, mentioned in my 1st post.

Reaction score
same problem here

I have exactly the same problem, it started about a week or so ago. Sometimes when I start up my computer the Swedish Pro keyboard that I installed disappears, and I have only the US keyboard left. To get back to the Swedish Pro keyboard I have to add it manually (I live in Sweden, bought my computer here so the physical keyboard has the Swedish layout).

I have El Capitan, 10.11.4, MacBook Pro (mid-2014).

After doing a quick web search, it appears that this problem is unusual, I wonder if anyone has an idea why it happens? I suppose I'll have to try deleting the US keyboard, which, now that I think about it, I don't need at all since the physical keyboard has the Swedish layout...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.