Help Yosemite

Reaction score
The "red" close button on my mac using word has changed to grey and will not let me edit the document, close or save it. any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
The "red" close button does not actually close the program. But one thing you can do is do a forced quit. Hold down the option + command keys and then press the esc key. A window will open showing you the programs that are currently running. I suggest you select word and press force quit. You will probably lose whatever you were working on. I would also suggest force quit all running programs except Finder.

If you need more help please post more information about your system, like what mac model & year, amount of memory, version of OS X you are running, size of hard drive.

Lisa

OP
U
Reaction score
when i re opened word, it opened all of my documents that I was unable to save. they are all (recovered) (Compatibility Mode)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Excellent and that is what Word should have done. If you want to keep the documents that have opened, save them and you should be good to go.

A good thing to do is when you close Word, click on the menu bar "Word" scroll down and click "Quit Word".

If you have any other problems or questions post back.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.