website software

Reaction score
I have 2 websites made with Front Page
I am now on Mac with Yosemite and would appreciate suggestions for simple software to maintain these existing sites
Thanks

C

chas_m

To the best of my knowledge, there isn't anything (I'm presuming that by "simple" you mean "I don't know HTML and don't want to learn"). If my presumption is not true, then you can take the HTML files and assets from the hosting site and open them in an HTML editor and (with a fair amount of work) clean them up to be usable.

Probably a much easier route it to copy all the of image assets and then recreate the pages themselves in something like EverWeb, which is the simplest website maker I know of. The last time I checked, the software and the first year of hosting was $80, though you could pay the $80 and host elsewhere if you preferred.

There are some other template-based site buildings around like Rapidweaver and Freeway etc but basically I don't think there's much future for your original pages.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.