Best Browser

OP
F

fludie

randomfactor said:
Just downloaded Camino as a longtime Safari. Its really quick at rendering pages than Safari but the appearance is a little lame. Are there any skins that people no of for Camino?

can u use tabs on safari

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
fludie said:
can u use tabs on safari

Open Preferences and to go the Tabs Tab.

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
Seems strange that no one has mentioned OmniWeb. Has no one tried it? Probably because its not free?

I've been using it a while and think its generally good. Not many issues.

Reaction score
I mainly use Safari although I also like the beta versions of Flock!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
i always use Safari, unless im on a web page where it is not compatible. Like when building a bmw on bmwusa.com it never works in safari. I need to use firefox and i like it when i do use it

OP
C

cnjohnson

Firefox was built for the OpenSource. Tiger runs over bsd, ergo I use firefox. :) Indeed, I run freebsd as my desktop...

Cheers--
Charles

OP
B

bobisimo

I just "switched" a few days ago, so it's all new to me, but I'm using Firefox. I absolutely love Firefox (with extensions) and I can't see a reason not to use it. I played around with Safari very briefly (a few hours) and saw no reason to hate it, but I am very comfortable with Firefox and don't foresee a change in my behavior.

This might sound silly, but I was somewhat disappointed to find that there's no Internet Explorer available for Mac. I am not a fan of IE, but I need it to access the full capabilities of my company's webmail. It's also handy for a few other sites. I don't think any other web browser can handle those other websites' flaws "as well". At least, not that I have been able to figure in the last few days.

Reaction score
I don't have a mac right now but if i had one (will get one soon) i would use safari and as i am on my pc right now i am using firefox.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
the best browser is the one you like the most after using all of the other browsers.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
coach_z said:
the best browser is the one you like the most after using all of the other browsers.

That was well said and very true! Simple but true words.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.