• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

using a little imagination

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Sirune, you need a time out i think, so see you in a day. Also, we will be looking into a multi-account attached to one of your IPs peter_hutson!

and fallooza, Just being you is punishment enough... JP JP!!!! :biohazard

OP
F

Fallooza

i was checkin out threads i started and noticed i had not voted on my own poll. i am now bringin it back from the dead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
Fallooza said:
i was checkin out threads i started and noticed i had not voted on my own poll. i am now bringin it back from the dead.

thanks for nothing man, i may now give you negative reputation points....or just give you positive and make fun of you
-chris

OP
F

Fallooza

coach_z said:
....or just give you positive and make fun of you
-chris
thats too easy. givin me a neg rep and sayin somethin positive about me. now that would be a challenge

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
haha, well if it makes you feel any better i never rated your poll either.

OP
F

Fallooza

Graphite said:
haha, well if it makes you feel any better i never rated your poll either.
if i had fellins i guess i would be sad. sense i dont its no biggy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Imagination is wonderful. In her art class, my youngest made a ceramic figurine that is part Turkey, part Duck and part Steer (cow). It would be hideous if she hadn't painted it so brightly to boot...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
It's getting more difficult. TV, movies, internet, special effects: people don't use their imagination as much any more. We're getting lazy. And when we do, it's just bad! Look at child cartoons or TV shows lately. I see them and think, "these guys must be smoking something to try to come up with this material!"

Come on people, we knew it was going to happen, we've seen the movies, now let's just break out the matching silver outfits for everyone and make everything look mundane and futury.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I don't think it's difficult. I do it all of the time at home and at work.

The difficult thing is dealing with people who cannot use imagination, and having to explain what is obvious to you and incomprehensible to them. I find I live a large part of my life in a kind of intellectual and creative isolation as I'm tired of justifying my ideas to others.

It's a cool universe, and there are lots of things to do in it. It doesn't matter if you sit at a table with a piece of paper and some crayons, or take some personal experience and turn elements of it into a story, or take another piece of paper and a pencil and an eraser and turn it into a set of equations that tell something unusual about the universe. It's an enervating society that then says, "I don't get it and I don't want to get it either."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Necessity is the mother of all invention. I think imagination is the father. How can you make something new/different without imagination? (not counting happy accidents of course)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB
I've never had a problem with using my imagination. However, I've often had a helluva time explaining the results to people ;-)

Reaction score
I can't imagine not being able to imagine.

Wow, I just blew my own mind.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.