Everyone-No access

Now I can't boot to my computer.

Please advice me for help..

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't understand why you did that? You locked yourself out of your home folder. If you have a backup (Time Machine), restore your home folder from the backup. If no backup, try booting in safe mode. Hold down your shift key and restart. If that doesn't work try this:

Restart your Mac but this time hold down your command + r keys. That should get you into recovery. Once in recovery, select "Utilities". Then select "Disk Utility". Highlight your Macintosh HD and select "repair permissions". When that's finished, exit recovery and try to boot up normally.

OP
D
Reaction score
I don't understand why you did that? You locked yourself out of your home folder. If you have a backup (Time Machine), restore your home folder from the backup. If no backup, try booting in safe mode. Hold down your shift key and restart. If that doesn't work try this:

Restart your Mac but this time hold down your command + r keys. That should get you into recovery. Once in recovery, select "Utilities". Then select "Disk Utility". Highlight your Macintosh HD and select "repair permissions". When that's finished, exit recovery and try to boot up normally.

Thanks for the quick reply, I have done what you suggest. It doesn't boot either in safe mode or normal. I also used the "resetpasword" from the terminal with no luck, and also tried the chmod -R -N /Users/username command in root (failed to clean ACL's).

I did that, cause I thought "Everyone but me", I know how stupid it looks now.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you tried everything I suggested including repairing permissions and you still can't unlock your account, the only thing left is to reinstall. You can do that from recovery. Boot to the recovery partition, and download Lion, reinstall. You won't lose data if you reinstall over the top of your current copy of Lion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.