update netgear router firmware on my iMac

Reaction score
newbee here, need to update my netgear firmware on my iMac and not sure where to go for the information. When I open the tab in the upper right corner with my connection strength it shows my netgear name but not sure what to do next. Having issues with the signal strength in other rooms from where the router is. Sorry to be so dumb about this, thanks! Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
First…welcome to Mac-Forums.:)

...need to update my netgear firmware on my iMac...

Second. We should state things properly. You're not updating the Netgear firmware on the iMac…you would be updating the firmware on your Netgear wireless router. The router & the iMac are separate pieces of hardware.

...and not sure where to go for the information.

The place to go for more info would be "Netgear.com".:)

When I open the tab in the upper right corner with my connection strength it shows my netgear name but not sure what to do next. Having issues with the signal strength in other rooms from where the router is.

What makes you think updating the firmware on your Netgear router is going to help?

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.