USB flash drive doesn't show up on desktop...

A

aeropl

I have a USB adapter for my xD photo card and acts like a flash drive (it is a GE xD Picture Card Reader). It works on my pc but it won't show up on my iBook running OSX 10.3.9. It does show up under disk utility but I am new at OSX and can't figure it out. Do I need to install something to get this to work?

OP
A

AlexN

aeropl said:
I have a USB adapter for my xD photo card and acts like a flash drive (it is a GE xD Picture Card Reader). It works on my pc but it won't show up on my iBook running OSX 10.3.9. It does show up under disk utility but I am new at OSX and can't figure it out. Do I need to install something to get this to work?

You need to insert the flash card into the Card Reader, otherwise, MacOS X won't mount it.

Insert a card, see what happens next.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Make sure your Finder preferences say to mount other media such as CD's and other discs on the desktop.

Finder > Preferences

OP
A

aeropl

Yes, I am plugging the xD storage card into my reader and then plugging the reader into my USB port. The light blinks on the reader and then stays steadily lit as if it is connected.

I checked my settings and Finder is set to mount removable media on the desktop. Is there anything else I can try?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
1.) another usb port

2.) formatting the card

3.) another user account

4.) another xd card

5.) another Mac

6.) drivers for Mac?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.