User account application problem

D

djmitch

I hope I can explain this clearly enough ... I've set up a user account and under Parental Controls I'm configuring the "Finder.app & System" settings. When trying to select which applications I want this account to have access to, I notice that some apps within folders are not listed whereas others are.

For example, suppose ABC.app appears in the list even though it's found in the Applications/ABC folder. However, XYZ.app does NOT appear in the list of applications that I can select even though it's also in its own folder (Applications/XYZ).

How can I get XYZ.app to appear in the list of applications that I can activate in my user account? I hope this makes sense!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I made another account that is standard to try this, but I see no place to add applications for use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Use the locate button,...

OP
D

djmitch

MacsWork said:
Use the locate button,...
I tried this even before starting this thread - that is, I selected Locate then I went into the folder then chose the file - to which I got the error message:

"XYZ.app does not work with the limitations you have selected."

I don't know what limitations I could have selected that would cause this! Perhaps this is an AppleCare issue, but nothing I've ever contacted them for has worked - I hope someone here has the answer!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I am running os 10.4.5, I have no locate button on standard accounts under the parental controls tab. are you logged into the account when setting it up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
_Macman_ It's when you select Configure next to Finder and System

What app specifically would you like to add?

OP
D

djmitch

MacsWork said:
What app specifically would you like to add?
This may sound trivial, but I'd like to add MarbleBlast Gold. Nanosaur 2 appears in the list of apps able to be added whereas MBG does not despite the fact that both apps are in their own folders within the Applications folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.