iPhoto sharing

J

JimmyHat

I'm looking for a solution for sharing/syncronising iPhoto libraries. I've looked at a lot of different options on versiontracker, and most seem to be designed for publishing iPhoto libraries to the web.

Has anyone had much success with this? I have iPhoto 4.0.3 right now, but I've got iPhoto 5 on a disk somewhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
are you trying to share it between accounts on the same computer, or on a network or something else?

OP
J

JimmyHat

I'm trying to share between two computers on the same network. Ideally I'd like to be able to browse photos stored on one computer without having to copy them over to the other (much like the shared music in iTunes). I don't have a lot of space on my machine, but my wife has plenty on hers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
JimmyHat said:
I'm trying to share between two computers on the same network. Ideally I'd like to be able to browse photos stored on one computer without having to copy them over to the other (much like the shared music in iTunes). I don't have a lot of space on my machine, but my wife has plenty on hers.
well, the easiest way off the top of my head is to move your photo location, aim both iphoto apps on both machines at one photo folder on the server. you can change iphotos photo folder location in iphotos preferences. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well, iPhoto has iPhoto sharing built-in, it works exactly like the sharing feature in iTunes.

Just go to iPhoto's preferences (apple + ,) and activate sharing on both machines.
Also make sure it's not blocked by the firewall in the 'sharing' system preferences.

Reaction score
Bonjour Photosharing has always been in iPhoto. Aptmunich says it all.
You can use .mac photocast too if you want, but it wouldn't make sense in a closed network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.