External Monitor waking from sleep issue.

Reaction score
Hello everyone and thank you in advance,

I am new to Macintoshes and have an odd issue hopefully someone might be able to help resolve. I have two external monitors attached to my Late 2012 Intel i5 Mac Mini using Intel HD4000 graphics adapter. The first monitor a 27" QNIX 2560x1440 using mini Displayport and a 24" Hanns.G 1920x1080 using HDMI. The problem I am having is whenever I wake my computer from sleep the QNIX wakes first but the video signal doesn't init fast enough so it falls back asleep and I have to press the button on the monitor to wake it again a second or so later. I have tried it disconnecting the HDMI connection and just the QNIX attached and it does the same thing.

I am currently running Mavericks 10.9.5 because a lack of support Protools Express in Yosemite. When I did temporarily ran Yosemite this issue had been resolved. I'm not to sure what to do if anything since the video drivers are built into the OS. I didn't know if there was a plist or something I could edit to add a delay to the wake signal to the monitor similar to the spin-up delay on a hard drive. If anyone has a suggestion as to anything I could try to fix this annoyance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again,
Kevin

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't think there is anything that you can do to add a delay so that the monitor wakes up. It seems to me that the fault is with the monitor's firmware; it's timing out too quickly. Have you checked to see if there is a firmware update for the monitor or perhaps an adjustment within the monitor itself to change the time out delay?

OP
K
Reaction score
Monitor Settings

I agree that the monitor is the actual culprit but I've gone through the menus on it and wasn't able to find any power management options. I also have checked for firmware updates unsuccessfully. I was hoping there might be a work-around that could be done by the OS.

Thank you for your suggestion,
Kevin

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.