Deleted bookmarks...

Reaction score
Hope someone can help with this. I went to clear my cache and I did something else. There was something there that said 2 people under setting and I cleared one..not sure why it said 2 but anyways. I lost 2 years of bookmarks. Very job related. How can I restore them?

System:
MacBook Pro
OS X Yosemite V. 10.10.1

Thanks for any help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Do you have any Time Capsule backups??? I believe you can restore from that. Here is a link to explain how for safari (you did not say what browser):

How to restore deleted Safari bookmarks | Macworld

I have my bookmarks linked to my google gmail account so when I use any browser - chrome or safari, on any of my computers - windows or macs, they are all available.

Also if you have iCloud they may be synced there but I am not sure how deleting them on your machine affects the iCloud backup.

Hopefully some of the others here will chime in because these are my best ideas.

Lisa

OP
V
Reaction score
I use Chrome...wasnt synced to anything else. I just set up cloud this morning via an update. Think Im screwed. Time capsule? Do I have that?..so no I guess I didnt set that up either. Still gotta be a way. Nothing gets deleted so its on here somewhere..just gotta figure out how to restore it....thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
If you use chrome, do you have a gmail account? When I load chrome I can sign in to my google account and get my bookmarks. Otherwise I think you are out of luck. I won't give you the "backup" lecture. You are obviously seeing the benefits now.

Since you have identified your browser as Chrome, here is one more "Hail Mary" thing to try:

http://www.kikawebdesign.com/blog/mac-tutorial-how-to-recover-deleted-bookmarks-in-chrome/

As for Time Machine (or time capsule backup). Look in System Preference -> Time Machine. Open it and you can set it up to backup to any drive. I used a portable USB hard drive for a long time. Eventually I bought a Time Capsule and now it is done automatically over my wireless network. The Time Machine icon can be set to show in your top menu bar. Just check the box on app page. Setting it up is easy but if you have questions just post back!

Lisa

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I use Chrome...wasnt synced to anything else. I just set up cloud this morning via an update. Think Im screwed. Time capsule? Do I have that?..so no I guess I didnt set that up either. Still gotta be a way. Nothing gets deleted so its on here somewhere..just gotta figure out how to restore it....thanks!

Try this:

How to recover Book Marks in Chrome

Chrome keeps a backup of all your book marks. It's not apparent nor easy to recover them but the article above shows you how.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.