1GB RAM chips in Quicksilver 2002?

TRI

Reaction score
I have a 2 x 1 GHz Quicksilver 2002 and the three RAM slots each have a 512MB RAM chip. The total 1.5 GB RAM is what "they tell you" is the max.

I just noticed a 1 GB chip on eBay: 1GB 168pin PC133 SDRAM Memory 3 3V Non ECC Unbuffered 64x8 Based | eBay

I use PC100 or PC133 RAM, OWC tells me either is fine, and they also told me that they didn't know if the 1 GB RAM chip would work. They said it probably isn't for Mac, but I have been using Dell chips in Macs for a long time, mixed with Apple chips and others.

Does anybody know if the Quicksilver could use the 1 GB RAM chips? I'd have 3GB total if it could.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I guess you could always try them out to see if they work. If the seller accepts returns, you can send them back.

However, we have several of our members who are familiar with older Macs. Hang on until one of them can answer your question.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.