lines in preview app

Reaction score
I'd like to know how add some lines and arrows on my pics. I need mark something like window or roof, driveway and send to my customer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I'd like to know how add some lines and arrows on my pics. I need mark something like window or roof, driveway and send to my customer

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) You can open your images in Preview (which is part of OS X), and do a wide variety of image editing, including adding text, lines, arrows, and resizing - the latter important if you want to email your edited pics or put them on a web site (you'll need to make each much smaller).

Let me just illustrate w/ one of my own images - a small set of my wife's menorahs: 1) Bring you image into Preview and click the 'Toolbox' (first image below, red arrow) which will open the menu line below (second image); 2) Text can be added (blue arrow, second image), such as 'Menorahs'; the 'Shapes, Lines, & Arrows' is the icon to the left which I have opened (red arrow) - you can select line & arrows there at the top; 3) Last image shows the addition of an arrow & a line under the added text.

Line/arrow thickness & color can be altered w/ the 3 icons to the right; if text is added, font, size, and color can be adjusted w/ the 'A' at the far right end of the menu row. The icon looking like a box w/ two outgoing arrows is the resizing tool. See if this explanation helps. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-01-29 at 1.06.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-29 at 1.08.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-29 at 1.09.25 PM.png

OP
L
Reaction score
I can't add lines and arrows. If I click on toolbox 2) images and the click shapes and lines i have only 3 points

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can't add lines and arrows. If I click on toolbox 2) images and the click shapes and lines i have only 3 points

Well, let's start from the beginning, i.e. please provide some information about your computer (model and year) & OS X installed. Are your images opening in Preview - its menu bar will appear in the top left of your screen (see my first image)?

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by 'only 3 points' - can you post a screen capture? Just open an image in Preview, then proceed to the menu openings you describe - at this point do a 'screen capture' keyboard command - CMD-SHIFT-3 will take a shot of your entire screen or better yet CMD-SHIFT-4 will allow you to select the area of interest - these are stored in Finder in the 'Desktop' folder - try to resize the image(s) in Preview (e.g. 400 or so pixel dimensions is a good choice for the web), then use the 'Manage Attachments' to upload your images in your reply. Dave :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I founded it, thx

Please explain yourself - how to use Preview is often asked on the forum and others w/ similar questions will like to know 'what you found' and how it solved your issues - just expected forum etiquette - thanks. Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.