OSX 10.10.2 Update!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Well it fixed my Airport Utility not functioning correctly and now Time Machine backs up every hour like it use to.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Well it fixed my Airport Utility not functioning correctly and now Time Machine backs up every hour like it use to.

That sounds like a heck of a positive update for you!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14

Already did both of my Macs a few hours ago - hope that it fixes an issue on my MBPro in the Airport Utility which on & off was not recognizing my AP Extreme router but was still connected to the internet - at the moment both the router & the internet buttons turn green - hopeful? Dave :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As broadband gets faster, we seem to spend three times the download time doing the install!

Reaction score
Updated the MacBook before bed this evening and now upon every restart (so far) I'm getting DPDecoder Quit Unexpectedly errors. I hit reopen, it comes back. Help! :eek:

I'm hearing of Time Machine fixes so I might start doing those again.

Haven't got around to the older Mac mini yet (will end up waiting until the weekend; it's running 24/7 for a time-lapse project I'm working on), nor have I got around to the newer Mac mini yet (that one needs this update; it has a Thunderbolt port).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Downloading it now.

One of the advantages of being a fairly newbie is I never knew time machine backed up every hour. So I thought normal was about once a day. Guess I will get to see what that every hour thing is like!

Lisa

M

MacInWin

Downloading it now.

One of the advantages of being a fairly newbie is I never knew time machine backed up every hour. So I thought normal was about once a day. Guess I will get to see what that every hour thing is like!

Lisa
The default for TM has always been once an hour. The first would be a full backup, all the others are incremental. Then TM prunes away the hourly backups and as the backup gets older it goes to one backup saved for each day, then one for each week. Their idea is that if you are working on something and lose it, you can get more availability of more recent files, but for older backups, you don't need that granularity.

I use TimeMachineEditor to cut the default back to just twice a day, noon and midnight. Nothing I'm doing needs more than that and the slowdown I saw on the machine every hour as TM kicked in was annoying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Well right now my girls are backing up to time machine which seems to be a fairly large one due to the update. Later when they are done and if constant backups becomes annoying I will install the TimeMachineEditor. I see that it is free - which is good. And since you (Jake) are recommending it I will trust it is excellent!

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2014 i5 5k 32gb 1tb fusion, second TB display, 2014 MBA
Problem.

I downloaded the combo rather than using the app store, so I would only need to get it once. But, on install on two brand new machines, an Air and a 5k (both with 10.10.1) I get the message that my volume(s) does not meet the requirements for this update.

Will try the app store next.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Problem.

I downloaded the combo rather than using the app store, so I would only need to get it once. But, on install on two brand new machines, an Air and a 5k (both with 10.10.1) I get the message that my volume(s) does not meet the requirements for this update.

Will try the app store next.

Never mind. It's a bug in the installed distribution checker of 10.10.2. There is a workaround but it is easier to just use the app store unless you have dozens of machines.

Here is the link if you need it. http://www.macissues.com/2015/01/28/how-to-force-os-x-10-10-2-to-install-on-your-mac/

Tim Cook. If you read the Mac press, would you please borrow a few of the thousands of engineers working on IOS and let them help the two interns in charge of quality control on OS X?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok. They fixed it. The new combo works.

However, the bad version is still cached around the 'Net as of 1/29/15 so make sure that the date of the combo package is at least 1/28/15. If you get to a file with a date of 1/27/15 then backout and google in from another direction.

OP
dtravis7

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.