Taking Panorama Pictures

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G-5 2Ghz 17" Wireless
I discovered this tip from looking at how others were taking their pictures.
Sure made a difference in the output. Tilt the camera to the portrait position
instead of the landscape position. I use the free Calico panorama software
but for $30 the water marks can be removed after registration.

Fisc_combo_35.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2GHz PowerMac G5 + 20" Apple Cinema Display
i never thought of that, and its so simple! i like doing panoramas, will have to try this next time i do one! thanks :D

Reaction score
Wow very clever idea, I had never thought of doing that. But wow what a difference.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Yeah... That is a great technique! Although it means more stitches the extra resolution is well worth it... For instance...This image is 6560x3107.

picture-16.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook 1.33ghz, 60gig hd, 1024ram
Reaction score
I normally use the Photomerge capability in Photoshop, however, I'll give the above mentioed softwarez a go as well, see if they're any better.

M

MJGUK

Sarahsboy18,

Is there any chance I could get a full res copy of that image?
That is a lovely photo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
MJGUK said:
Sarahsboy18,

Is there any chance I could get a full res copy of that image?
That is a lovely photo.

Glad you like it... Here is a 50% res version... Just promise you won't look too close for seams... :dummy: I still need to fix a few places.

fortworthpan-50.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
sarahsboy18 said:
Glad you like it... Here is a 50% res version... Just promise you won't look too close for seams... :dummy: I still need to fix a few places.

fortworthpan-50.jpg

Thanks I downloaded it and made it my wallpaper, I did not see any seams, although i did what you said and didn't look for them.

OP
fishnrib
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G-5 2Ghz 17" Wireless
HP Image Zone V9.1.2

bruvone said:
I found a free photo stitching program for mac just a little while ago. It's made by HP and included in their "ImageZone" software. You can download it here.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...t=77375&lang=en&cc=us&softwareitem=sj-31483-2

I've been using it for a while now, and I prefer it over the photo stitch software that came with my canon. Those are some great pics BTW!!

Thanks for the head's up on that HP software. I already had a HP All-in-One printer and it came with HP Image Zone CD. I bought the HP printer in Sep 05 and the software was for 2004. The new imaging software is for 2005 and is much nicer and includes the stitching software. I ended up buying that Calico Software about 2 weeks ago. I thought it worked great until I tried this HP Image Zone. It would take about 15 minutes for the Calico to stitch 12 2.5mg images and then rough crop it. The same stitch with the HP would take about 1 minute and end up cropping it perfectly for printing or saving. Also it saves the .jpg in the raw as it ends up about 25mg vice 3.5mg with the Calico. I get a sharper picture with the raw image. I don't have to worry much about disc space yet on my single core iMac G5 2Ghz with 160gig hard drive.

Here is a picture from Harbor Island showing Downtown San Diego using the HP sticher.
Floating_Restraunt_Irfan_Straight.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.