Can't load Photoshop CS Tryout!

S

super_doop

I downloaded the Photoshop CS tryout version from Adobe.com last night. When I tried to install it it gave me an error that it unexpectedly quit. Has anyone else seen this. I know my system specs should handle it. Could this be because of the OSX update? Thanks. :confused:

OP
K

Kreza

super_doop said:
I downloaded the Photoshop CS tryout version from Adobe.com last night. When I tried to install it it gave me an error that it unexpectedly quit. Has anyone else seen this. I know my system specs should handle it. Could this be because of the OSX update? Thanks. :confused:

once you install the trial, can you just enter a serial number and it will unlock all the feautures, otherwise it will be a pain in the ass, and i will just buy the CD instead, but if it can be done by serial over visa then it would be easier.

OP
K

k_sze

super_doop said:

I also face this problem.
I tried to upgrade my PhotoShop6.0 to CS, The program jush crash after I Authenticate.
"The application Install Adobe Photoshop CS has unexpectedly quit."

It is not the OSX update, because I update my system right after the installer crashed, it still doesn't work.

Anyone?

OP
C

cosmo77

k_sze said:
I also face this problem.
I tried to upgrade my PhotoShop6.0 to CS, The program jush crash after I Authenticate.
"The application Install Adobe Photoshop CS has unexpectedly quit."

It is not the OSX update, because I update my system right after the installer crashed, it still doesn't work.

Anyone?

I had the same problem so I went to adobe.com and found out it may have to do with the fonts on your system. Adobe recommends you create a new folder on your desktop, move all your fonts there. (HD/library/fonts) Restart your system and run the install again. After installation move your fonts back to HD/library/fonts.

This worked for me, a perfect install of Photoshop CS. Works like a champ!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
CS is loaded with stuff. I just got it the other night so havent had to much trial time on it

OP
S

super_doop

cosmo77 said:
I had the same problem so I went to adobe.com and found out it may have to do with the fonts on your system. Adobe recommends you create a new folder on your desktop, move all your fonts there. (HD/library/fonts) Restart your system and run the install again. After installation move your fonts back to HD/library/fonts.

This worked for me, a perfect install of Photoshop CS. Works like a champ!

It's been a while, but just wanted to note that the font thing works. I founds this out from someone else. Just in case someone was wondering.

OP
K

kkoelle

I tried this, also tried repairing permissions, resetting the time zone as suggested in another forum, nothing has worked. Any other ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.