• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Thought I'd share.

M

MarteDVX

Hey everyone. Just thought I would post this in here because I don't know anywhere else on this site I should post it. It is a short little test my friend and I did with our new camera. We just recently bought a Panasonic DVX 100b. We edited it on my friends Powerbook G4. Basically this is the start of why I will soon be purchasing a Macbook Pro for editing and the such. Please share any comments / criticism / or ideas. Thanks for checking it out guys!

BTW: We did a sort of parody off of the movie "Rounders", a poker film, but with our own twist. Enjoy. :black:

http://media.putfile.com/POKER101

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
I see... so you want us to critique your movie?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Reminds me when we had our m-f movie festival that no one participated in.

m-f-movie-festival.jpg

OP
M

MarteDVX

Ah, im new to the forums, but yea i just thought id share it with anyone. We are just starting to make short films and its the main reason im buying the macbook. I like final cut pro, and seems like mac is just the way to go, I don't even have a mac yet and im pretty sure I won't ever buy a pc again.

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
Well I had a look and I think that it is really good.
If only I had FCP and a decent video camera when I had done my Media Studies A Level. I might have got me a decent grade for the short film module.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.