Aggregate Device Buzzing

Reaction score
I've got a MacBook Pro that I use in a band situation to playback 4-channel audio files. Channels 1 and 2 contain the backing track files that go to the left and right audience speakers. Channels 3 and 4 are a "click" track that go to my headphones. I accomplish this by using an Aggregate device of: channels 1 and 2 are Built-in Output; channels 3 and 4 are my Roland Duo-Capture USB audio interface.

Everything has been working fine for years, until a couple days ago when I installed two new apps:

Wondershare for mac
Wondershare Player (Mac) - Download

Hear
Data Recovery Software | Download Free Trial for Hear | Prosofteng

After installing those two apps, I discovered that suddenly my multichannel audio files did not play properly. Instead a get a loud buzzing/static sound coming out of the USB interface. I'm stumped as to how to fix it. Here's what I've tried:

- removed both apps, problem still exists.
- reloaded the Yosemite 10.10.1, and reinstalled the Roland USB interface drivers, still no luck.

- I changed the speaker configuration in the Aggregate device so that channels 1 and 2 play through the usb and channels 3 and 4 (that normally to to my headphones from the usb) now go to the default-output. And then the buzzing/static came through the mac speakers -- so, it's not a problem with the USB device since it occurs occurred with the built in speakers.

- Any thoughts? I thought re-installing the OS would solve the problem, but it didn't.

C

chas_m

Wondershare stuff = pos software. I know you said you uninstalled it but I would not be at all surprised if the more advanced MIDI drivers in OS X have been messed with. Open Garageband and find out.

OP
D
Reaction score
Wondershare stuff = pos software. I know you said you uninstalled it but I would not be at all surprised if the more advanced MIDI drivers in OS X have been messed with. Open Garageband and find out.

Thanks, I Opened Garage band and everything loads properly. I went into preferences and chose different outputs, such as default output (headphones) and my Duo-capture audio interface. Both worked fine. But, when I choose the Aggregate device the loud buzzing/static was there. So, not sure what else to do. I'm considering wiping my MacBook Pro clean -- deleting everything, and doing a brand new install of the OS and apps. That's a last resort, but I'm think I'm at that point.

OP
D
Reaction score
I ended up reformatting my drive and doing a clean install. Everything is working again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.