Quicken dilema

Reaction score
I have been a Quicken user for many years but have heard that the move to Yosemite is a Quicken nightmare - so I'm trying to research new software. I'm overwhelmed by the number of available programs, all the things that each program can do and perplexed by the arguments for and against each feature in each program.

My needs are relatively simple for my small business: 1) I need to be able to import years worth of Quicken data into the new program 2) I need to easily print checks 3) I need to easily reconcile my checking account each month and 4) I need to generate basic reports for my accountant (e.g. P & L statements, category summaries).

I have been a FileMaker user since 1.0 so I don't need (or want) A/R, A/P, inventory management, invoicing, etc.

I just need a solid, dependable electronic checkbook per above.

Suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try "Checkbook Pro" from Splasm software. I use their standard checkbook program which does simple finance management, however, the Pro version is much enhanced. They have a trial version which you can try before buying. Download from here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini late 2012; mac mini early 2014; old mac mini running centos; new macbook air; iPad;iPhone
GNU cash open source software. Check sourceforge.net or gnucash.org

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.