Software Installation on iOS

Reaction score
Windows has registry that can be scanned to find out software applications installed on it. How can one discover the same information on an iOS platform? Is there a way to do this by calling some API?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Assuming that you are using a Mac computer, and not an iPhone or iPad, it's OS X and not iOS.

Click on the Apple logo in the Menubar and choose About This Mac. In the popup, click on More Info. In the next popup, click on System Report and then scroll down and click on Applications. That should give a list of every application on your Mac.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
No apps can be installed from outside of the App Store and as far as I can tell, every single app creates an icon on the home screen somewhere. Will looking through this not suffice?

Mod note: moved to more appropriate forum.

OP
I
Reaction score
If I have 2 Mac computers, 2 iPads and One iPhone, and I want to generate a list of the apps installed on all of them, is there a tool to do that?

Also is there any API that I can call from my program on windows to get such a list?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
There's no central registry that I know of that houses the names of installed apps. The best you can do is use various tools to generate what you're looking for in OS X: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15164132/enumerate-all-installed-applications-on-os-x.

The best you can do with iOS, that I know of, is to look at the folder on your Mac that has copies of the apps. However, as you can probably guess, this only gives you a list of apps synced to your Mac.

Reaction score
No apps can be installed from outside of the App Store and as far as I can tell, every single app creates an icon on the home screen somewhere. Will looking through this not suffice?

Mod note: moved to more appropriate forum.

Yes you are absolutely right.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.