Outlook 2011 for Mac running super slow for no reason?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.4ghz i5, iPad 2 32gb
I was wondering if anyone can help, I use outlook 2011 for my mac and since upgrading to Yosemite it has become incredibly slow, to the point of becoming unusable at times.

I thought it could be due to masses of deleted items so i cleaned that up but that did not help, I also realised i had tens of thousands of blocked addresses in my blocked list which I know would of caused some issues so I deleted all of these too, now my outlook is as clean as empty as can be, but it still takes sometimes 5-10 seconds to preview an attachment, or to move an email from one folder to another, ok not the worst thing in the world but when you use it for 9-12 hours a day its adding an hour onto my work every single day.

Can anyone help suggest something that can speed this up? It only really began to become prohibitive since I upgraded to Yosemite but not sure how that could change this? I use a solid state drive and everything else on my macbook is as speedy as can be, just not this one program? (and the only i use the most!!)

thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Check out the following article. The author goes through some hints on how to speed up Mac Outlook. It covers rebuilding the identity and much more. You might also want to make sure your machine is running well.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Check out the following article. The author goes through some hints on how to speed up Mac Outlook. It covers rebuilding the identity and much more. You might also want to make sure your machine is running well.

I will do that thank you very much for your help

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I did the rebuild as suggested however it has not helped, I still get the beachball/pizza every time i try to move an email to a different inbox or to add an attachment to an email etc. Unbelievably slow no matter what I do. No other programs are affected with this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.