Iphoto monthly photo stream only. No Event folders

Reaction score
Hi, starting this week when I connect my iPhone to my Macbook Pro my iPhone photos only go into the monthly photo stream folder not into an individual event folder. I have not messed with any of my settings and iPhoto was working fine as of a week ago. What can I do to fix this issue? Its way to difficult for me to move the photos from the monthly photo stream to a new event folder. I want it to do it automatically like it did before.
Thanks for your help.

C

chas_m

I'm a little confused. Your current photos should be going into an event in iPhoto called "(MONTH) Photo Stream." On the first day of the new month (or perhaps just when you start taking pictures and then they sync to your Mac), a new event is created called "(MONTH+1) Photo Stream," and the previous month's Photo Stream event is still there (see pic below)

saved-photo-streams.png

Are you saying this is no longer happening? Are you sure the iPhone and Mac have been synced? Is iCloud turned on for both devices, specifically for pictures/photo stream?

OP
C
Reaction score
Hi Chas. I normally just load my photos on my macbook via the connection cable every few days. Up until last week I would get an event folder for each day (whatever days there were new pics on my iPhone) plus 1 monthly event folder labeled (month) Photo stream. I am no longer getting the individual date event folders the photos are only getting added to my (monthly) photos stream. I don't really care so much about the photos folders on the actual iPhone but I like the event folders on my macbook pro as that is where I do my editing and event labeling.
I hope this makes more sense.
Cheers, Lucy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.