Calendar on MacBook matching iPhone calendar

Reaction score
I cannot get my MacBook calendar to automatically update my iPhone calendar and vice versa. What am I doing wrong.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not enough info to properly answer your question. Which MacBook and version of OS X? Which iPhone and version of iOS? And finally, how are you trying to sync them?

C

chas_m

If you have an iCloud account and iCloud syncing of the Calendar turned on on BOTH the Mac and the iOS device in system preferences, then syncing should "just work" if you have Wi-Fi or cellular data access.

OP
G
Reaction score
MacBook Pro 15 Retina, mid 2012 and an iPhone 5. I have iCloud on both devices but the calendars do not update each other.

Reaction score
MacBook Pro 15 Retina, mid 2012 and an iPhone 5. I have iCloud on both devices but the calendars do not update each other.

You may have calendar sync turned off on your iPhone. If it is on on your device, then you may either have iCloud turned off on your mac (or using a different Apple ID) or have calendar sync turned off on your mac. Check those and let me know if you need more help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.