Spotify and Apple tv

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2011 15" MBP 8GB RAM 500GB SSD+500GB HDD; Mac Mini (mid 2011) 16GB 500GB SSD + 500GB HDD
For some time,i have used my Mac mini to serve up music to my hifi using my Apple tv and iTunes. I can even control the music remotely using my iPad. The Apple tv falls over now and again, but I can live with that and like not having tho turn on the tv screen to control the music.

I took a special offer subscription to Spotify and am enjoying that, but I want to send the audio to my hifi, rather than listening to it on my devices. There's no Spotify app the Apple tv afaik and when I tried to use airplay from my Mac mini I didn't get any audio to the Apple tv.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can play Spotify audio through my hifi?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
You can send any audio from your mac to your Apple TV with the Airfoil app.
I use it to send Spotify to my Apple TV and it works brilliantly. Its not free but it is well worth the money.
https://www.rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2011 15" MBP 8GB RAM 500GB SSD+500GB HDD; Mac Mini (mid 2011) 16GB 500GB SSD + 500GB HDD
Thanks for the tip. Airfoil gets good reviews. I'm surprised there isn't a Spotify app for the Apple tv.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.