Photoshop crashing entire OSX system

Reaction score
This is in an office environment where we have a couple older MacPros. We recently switched two towers(leaving the rest of the workstation intact) whole were both running PS CC 2014 just fine when one of them starts failing.

Now whenever we launch PS it starts to open but then freezes up and locks up the whole system, with just the mouse moving. Can't get into force quit or anything, and have to hard reset.

Have tried un/reinstalling PS and CC. Nothing seems to make any difference.

As this machine's main use if running PS it's really dead in the water at the moment.

Looking for any advice, please help, thank you!

Photoshop CC 2014
Map Pro 1,1
OSX 10.7.5
12GB ram

Reaction score
Have you tried running other programs as well and seeing if the computer crashes or are you only testing Photoshop?

As I posted recently, I had some bad RAM in my 2009 27" iMac that had been running perfectly for years, and this totally explained and resolved my weird and frequent crashes. When it comes to weird and frequent crashes, the first thing I would try is RAM testing software. The RAM checking app I used is called Rember. It's free and quite easy to use and test your RAM.
Rember - Kelley Computing

Reaction score
It's most definitely ram.

Have a 1.1 mac pro had to replace ram same issue ram is really cheap though through amazon just look up mac pro 1.1 ram

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@OP:

It could also be a flaky or failing graphics card in your Mac Pro. You might try swapping out the graphics card in the good Mac Pro for the one in the crashing machine to see if it makes a difference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.