WYSIWYG software maker...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" (2010) 2.4 GHz i5, 8 GB RAM, 250GB SSD & 750 GB 7200 rpm HDD, 10.10
I've been wondering as i haven't found anything yet if there is any software out there to create software? but along the lines of how a WYSIWYG web builder work like Everweb for example.

The reason i'm asking is at my work there are various things i have been thinking of that could probably be made easier with some basic software to handle files etc, but i don't have the time to learn the coding needed to make software.

So yeah, is there any software out there that can be used by "beginners" (i do know/understand some code but not to the extent to make software), do Adobe do anything? i have Adobe CC but have know idea what half the software does!

Thanks in advance!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'm not sure it's exactly what you're looking for, but have peek into your 'Applications' folder and take a look at Automator. It's one of the most overlooked components in Mac OS X, but it can be a powerful tool to develop basic software - and it's relatively easy to use.

More information here:
Mac Basics: Automator - Apple Support

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks, I'll take a look at that software.

I'll try explain a bit better what i'm after... at my work we make CDs/DVDs on demand so when i get the orders i have to open the artwork in photoshop and print each one seperately, what i would like is just some basic software that stores all of the artwork files somewhere and i just browse through a menu, select the ones i need, enter quantities of each and hit print (slightly more advanced version being able to select which printer tray to print from), i can't imagine it would take much to write some software that could do that but i was wondering if there's any basic software builders i could use to try make things like this, just simple basic bits of software to perform different tasks.

Does that make any more sense?!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Yup - and that's exactly the sort of thing that Automator is intended to do.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just had a quick look at a tutorial and it looks more for performing actions? like i use in photoshop.

I want to make a small piece of software, i made a mock up image of what i mean...

Printer_Software.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.