Macbook pro late 2009 without screen : wifi?

Reaction score
Hi.
I've broke the lcd of my bmp, so i removed the lcd part of my mac (the entire upside part).
now it works right with an external display but i can't connect over wifi.
the wifi card is in the "screen part" of my mbp.
so my question is:
can i remove the wifi card from here and insert into the "lower case" ( where is motherboard,hd,ect) ?
i don't care about the screen,so no matter if it break during the process.

Ps : sorry for my english :D

C

chas_m

Your English is fine. The entered your question is no, I don't think that would work.

Luckily, there is a much less troublesome solution.many companies make inexpensive USB plugs that function as Wi-Fi antennas. If you can find one that says it is Mac compatible, it should be a simple matter of plugging it in and installing the driver.

OP
P
Reaction score
thank you.
can you explain me why it doesn't work?
i want to fix it , not to use an external usb wifi if possible!

Reaction score
Why not change the lcd? If you already took out the screen - its not really hard, the main challenge is not breaking the (glued) glass. Lcd should be about $50 from ebay.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi.
I've broke the lcd of my bmp, so i removed the lcd part of my mac (the entire upside part).
now it works right with an external display but i can't connect over wifi.
the wifi card is in the "screen part" of my mbp.
so my question is:
can i remove the wifi card from here and insert into the "lower case" ( where is motherboard,hd,ect) ?

Unless this is an unusual Apple model laptop (to the best of my knowledge)...the Wifi card is not located in the display area (upper part)...the WiFi card/hardware is located in the lower part. What is in the "upper part" is the WiFi antenna. No WiFi antenna = no WiFi.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.