Where are my pics after a BT transfer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M3 iMac, 24 GB RAM, 10 core GPU
I transfer pics from my non-Apple smartphone via Bluetooth, but can't find where they end up. I'd like to believe they'd at least be in Downloads, but no. Not in Preview or iPhoto, either.

Ideally, I'd like them to directly end up in iPhoto. Thanks.

M

MacInWin

If you know the name of one of them, you could see if Spotlight has indexed it and can find it, then the rest will be in the same place. Lacking that, you can try EasyFind or some other searching third party to find it.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That worked, but just for that one.

Why isn't everything in Finder? I'm looking at the d/l dates and the pics aren't in Finder. Or Downloads, unless Bluetooth isn't considered a download. Really makes no sense.

M

MacInWin

Well, if "that worked" means you found one picture, but when you opened that location in Finder there were no others there, then the others didn't transfer. You didn't say much about the transfer itself. Did it have options on where to put the transferred data? Was there any component installed on the Mac itself? If so, what are the settings in Preferences?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I found them: Finder>click my email userneame (left pane, under Favs)>Pics.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.