yosemite wont install on my imac

Reaction score
my imac wont install yosemite even though i meet all requirements snow leopard 10.6.8 2 gig memory,cor 2 duo cpu,8 gigs hd space.:(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac-Forums.

my imac wont install yosemite even though i meet all requirements snow leopard 10.6.8 2 gig memory,cor 2 duo cpu,8 gigs hd space.

Not near enough hard drive space. And even if you did have plenty of free hard drive space, with only 2 GB of memory, Yosemite would be sluggish and slow. The Apple minimum recommendation is not realistic. You need at least 4 GB of memory, 8 GB is even better. Install a larger hard drive in your iMac (or delete what you don't need like photos, music, and videos) and add more memory.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Expanding on the hard drive space. With only 8gig of free HD space...even running OS 10.6.8...your computer is probably running like crap!;) You need to free up some HD space ASAP.

2gig of ram & only 8gig of free HD space...this computer has got to have performance issues.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.