Trouble printing envelopes with Word

Reaction score
I am using Office 2011 on my 2 PC’s. One is a MAC desktop, the other a MAC Pro laptop. I am having an issue with trying to print envelopes on my desktop machine. Here is my issue. I follow these steps. In Word, I select tools, then envelopes. The envelope screen pops open and I type in the delivery address. The printer I am using is an HP 6700 Premium Office Jet. It is correctly selected as the printer. When I hit “print” the next screen is the preview screen and should be in the form of an envelope. But my preview shows and 8 ½ by 11 paper size which in turn will not print correctly for an envelope. I can’t seem to change this to show an envelope in any of the other settings. On my Mac Pro laptop, the envelope preview works correctly and displays an envelope. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac-Forums.

Which Mac desktop do you have, year and model? And what version of OS X are you running? If the Word 2011 envelope selection is working correctly on your MacBook Pro, then it may be a setting or driver on the desktop which needs updating.

OP
C
Reaction score
It is a IMAC 27" Late 2013 machine. Processor 3.2 GHz Core i5. Operating System is OSX 10.9.5 I have processed all the required updates I received for both the operating system and HP drivers.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have the same exact iMac as you have, however, I use a HP LaserJet printer for B&W work and an Epson for color. No problem with envelopes using Word 2011 on the HP. Do you have another envelope printing program that you might try? For example, do you have Pages? If so, try printing an envelope on the HP from Pages to see if it works there.

By the way, if you bought your iMac in 2013 you should have received a free copy of Pages, Numbers, and Keynote from Apple.

OP
C
Reaction score
I do have Pages, Numbers and Keynote but not familiar with them since I use the MS OFFice products all the time. However, I did experiment with Pages for a bit and was able to create from the templates an envelope and printed it with no problems. Thanks for the help there. I would still like to resolve the issue with Word, whatever it may be.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.