images not uploading to site in safari browser

Reaction score
Am unable upload an image to my wp site in safari browser, all other browsers work? Is there a work around that i have to add?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Am unable upload an image to my wp site in safari browser, all other browsers work? Is there a work around that i have to add?

Hi Melanie..... - welcome to the forum! :) But you've provided scant information and a cryptic 'wp' (work place?) - please tell us: 1) Computer (model/year) you are using; 2) OS X installed; 3) Safari version (current one is 8.0.2); 4) Names of the other browsers that work; and 5) If 'wp' is your workplace, is a VPN being used?

Also, what types of images/sizes are you uploading? Did Safari work before, and if so, what has occurred recently on your machine/software that be the issue (e.g. OS X upgrade)? Dave

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi RadDave - hi sorry wp means wordpress site, and i have just found out why nothing works it seems that safari does not regularly update their browser for pc, it is always a few versions back and does not support html5, so i will have find someone with a mac, i do have a mac for video work but have never been able to connect it to the internet, wont accept anything - very difficult are macs
thank you so much for your quick response
Melanie
any idea when safari for pc will be updated?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I guess I have to ask.... why are you even using Safari for the PC? That's like using IE for the Mac. Neither are any good except in their native environment. Surely you can use Chrome, Firefox, or even IE to upload the images to WordPress?

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi, yes but as a web designer i need to test if the sites i create work on all browsers, and have to add extra code sometimes to make sure they work, thats why when i tested my latest site in safari i got the big surprise that nothing with html5 worked
Melanie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi, yes but as a web designer i need to test if the sites i create work on all browsers, and have to add extra code sometimes to make sure they work, thats why when i tested my latest site in safari i got the big surprise that nothing with html5 worked

Hi Melanie - thanks for the additional information - assumed that you were on an Mac - Apple seems to have stopped supporting Safari on Windows (see the version history shown below from Wiki - not sure when this chart was updated?) - but really out of date for your purposes.

Now, you do have a Mac (I'm a switcher from PCs about 2 years ago and am quite comfortable w/ the Macs I own) - let us know if you might want to use Safari on that machine? If so, please provide adequate information, i.e. Mac model/year, OS installed, amount of RAM, and HD size. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-01-14 at 4.43.35 PM.png

OP
M
Reaction score
thank you RadDave - when i do i will be here asking for help - you have been so helpful, thank you for your time and effort
Melanie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.