How to remove a public computer from my apple account?

Reaction score
I have a personal Macbook pro and an iPhone for which I use my apple id. In my office I also have a Mac which I use but is not mine. However, in order to be able to download apps from the App Store to my office computer I had to use an apple account and so I used mine. The problem is that now FaceTime, reminders and all my personal information show up on my office Mac which is very annoying. I want to completely disengage that Mac from my apple account. How can I do that?

OP
T
Reaction score

Thanks for the reply. However, do you want to be more specific?
I opened iTunes on my office Mac and it is not associated to my apple id (it seems that I opened it for the first time and it asked me if I want to associate it to my apple id which of course I didn't). The only option I found in there was "Deauthorize this computer" which I clicked and it told me that this computer was not authorized. So I assume that this option only applies to iTunes and not the rest of the services. For example when I opened my office iMac this morning I saw on FaceTime a missed call from my girlfriend. That's the kind of things I want to avoid. Having my personal messages, reminders, calls etc show up on my office iMac.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What you need to do is to de-authorize your work iMac from your Apple ID otherwise you will continue to receive personal info via that machine. (Which you probably do not want.)

Follow the instructions given in this article.

OP
T
Reaction score
What you need to do is to de-authorize your work iMac from your Apple ID otherwise you will continue to receive personal info via that machine. (Which you probably do not want.)

Follow the instructions given in this article.

Thanks for the reply. Basically this link tells me to do what the previous post did, to reauthorize this computer via iTunes. However, as I said, I already did that and I got the message that "This computer was not authorized" however when I open for example the iMessages I can still see my personal messages.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.