Light blue lines and flickering on iPad2

Reaction score
Hi,

My son's iPad 2 (16GB WiFi) has suddenly starting to show feint light blue lines around the edges of images, app icons, text etc ('ghosting'). It's very odd and nothing too critical - but still, it isnt right!

We have also noticed the screen has started to flicker a lot too - would this be connected? It has not been dropped or exposed to liquid.

The iPad is 18 months old so out of its 12 month warranty (UK). I am guessing that Apple would not be able to replace/repair it free of charge?

Thanks in advance!

PS - we have done a reset but it hasn't solved the problem.

Last edited:
C

chas_m

Take it to an Apple Store and find out. Sounds like something's gotten loose -- are you very sure this machine hasn't been dropped?

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I am sure it wasn't dropped last night when the problems first appeared as I was with my son at the time. That's not saying it hasn't been dropped in the past - but last night was the first time these problems showed

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.