Numbers Not Syncing

Reaction score
I did a search of the forum and couldn't find anyone with this issue. Numbers is not syncing. I use Numbers on my iPhone, iPad, even iCloud. They all work fine. It's just on my iMac. I don't know what it is. My iMac is always behind and never up to date on my spreadsheets and it's driving me insane. It's like it won't sync. I should be syncing automatically but I still couldn't find a sync button on any of the settings tabs. I took a screen cap of my desktop in Finder and my spreadsheet file says "pending". It is suppose to sync after a few seconds but it stays like that. I was going to post the screen cap but I don't know how :) I've already tried rebooting and all that. If this has happened to anyone else please help me out. Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
They should be syncing. Make sure on your iMac from System Preferences, iCloud, that you first have iCloud drive selected. Then opening the options from iCloud drive, that you have Numbers selected. And of course any other apps that can use and sync from iCloud drive such as Pages and Keynote. Also go thru the settings for iCloud drive on your iPad and iPhone. And make sure you're using the same Apple ID on all your devices and the iMac. It does take a while for the syncing to show up but not as long as you are experiencing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.