Aggregate Device function not working properly

Reaction score
Hi guys,

First time post - hoping I can get some help;

I've spent all morning reading various websites and watching youtube videos to try to figure out how to get 2 inputs working simultaneously on my Macbook Air.

I am able to set it up, as per the instructions I have found online, but can't seem to get it to execute what I need it to.

A bit of background;

I have a Focusrite Scarlett USB interface that I plug my amp into directly, and then use that to go into the Mac for recording. For single inputs, this has never been an issue and I am immensely happy with the unit.

Recently I decided to take some online guitar lessons via Skype, and I'm trying to figure out a possible way to have the Focusrite and the built-in mic (via a headphone mic that is part of my ear bud headphones) both come out at the same time so that the person I'm having a conversation with can simultaneously hear my voice and my guitar.

The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to get the Aggregate Device to send out both devices - it seems to weirdly prioritise one over the other depending on which is set as the Clock Source...I don't understand why it's doing this; is it not supposed to output both regardless of which is the Clock Source?

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated - I am currently extremely frustrated because nothing I've tried works.

Just to help out - I have set both to the same sample rate and type of output (2 ch. - 16 bit integer) and still nothing; I've also played around with setting both to different sample rates and output types, and still nothing!

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

-Ben

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.