• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

NFL Playoffs

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
As a Patriots fan, I saw a totally awesome game today against the Ravens. I'm sure there are other football fans here and it looks to be turning out to be quite a fun set of playoff games so far..

Who are all you rooting for?

Warning: Lets keep this thread fun and positive, otherwise it gets locked..:)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not really a football fan although I live in an area where the fans are Cowboys crazy. :D Was thinking though that tomorrow's game between the Cowboys and Packers will be a throw back to that famous Cowboys - Packer game that was called the "Ice Bowl". LOL, should be fun to watch them wallowing in the snow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Cold in Green Bay today, but I don't think there will be any snow on the field.

I root for the Packers and Broncos. (Broncos if they meet each other) So the wrong team won both games yesterday, taking home field advantage away from my teams should they win today.

The Pats-Ravens game was riveting; Seahawks-Panthers, not so much.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Cowboys and and Saints fan since about 1970. Those of you late to the bandwagon move to the rear of the wagon please.:D Still hoping for a Cowboys Broncos Super Bowl.

OP
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well looks like Peyton had another one of those days and is gonna watch the Super Bowl from home..

In one way, I'm glad that the Colts got through since the Patriots should be able to better match up against them..:)

The Cowboys-Packers game was nice, but agreed that the Seahawks-Panthers was just a snoozer.

My guess is a Seahawks-Patriots Super Bowl..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I am a Colts, Ravens, Broncos, and because I was from the Cincinnati area growing up, Bengals fan. So I pretty much have it covered when it comes to who to cheer for.

Loved the Colts/Broncos game but thought the Broncos would do better. Luck just had better luck (pun intended) delivering his passes.

Would like to see the Colts at the Super bowl but it will be hard to beat the Patriots. Seahawks and Green Bay should be a good game.

We shall see!

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Breaking news (just heard it from a co-worker who saw it online) Peyton Manning was playing hurt for the last 6 weeks, but was never listed as "probable" "doubtful" or any other injury status.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Breaking news (just heard it from a co-worker who saw it online) Peyton Manning was playing hurt for the last 6 weeks, but was never listed as "probable" "doubtful" or any other injury status.

Yeah, he playing it off as not that huge a deal. He also is not saying if he will be back next year. If he quits that drops my Broncos support - like they will notice. ;)

Lisa

OP
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Listing him with any injury status gives your opponents an advantage and while playing through some injuries are OK, if it ends up hurting your team long term, you gotta wonder if you're better of letting the backup play..

Either way, its all in the past (yes it happened a day ago! :) ) now and what coulda, shoulda, woulda don't matter..

He's got the entire off season to heal whatever is broken and then decide if he still wants to play. The one news conference I saw of his immediately after the game, he was non-committal, but then anyone would be when their season ends like his did at home..

Now I'm just excited to be able to get to the AFC Conference Championship game this Sunday!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh Yes! Sunday is coming! It is so on.

Of course for me tonight is the OSU vs. Oregon game. Since I am an OSU grad I will be rooting for my alma mater, but I fear Oregon is a more overall polished team. But Urban Meyers has pulled off some amazing wins this season even with the rotating quarterback situation.

Lisa

M

MacInWin

Yeah, OSU should win, but never count out Ohio State. On the NFL, I'm a Redskins fan, so seeing Dallas lose was some consolation for how badly the 'Skins played all year. And as for Johnny-come-lately, I've been a 'Skins fan since I was 6, over 63 years ago. Does that get me the longevity or long-suffering crown?

Superbowl? That's going to be Seattle and New England, with Seattle winning again.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Does that get me the longevity or long-suffering crown?

Sorry Jake, that "honor" goes to all Chicago Cubs fans. ;P

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You mean the "Cubbies" aren't in the NFL? ;P Sorry Jake, I don't follow sports very much but I do know that your Redskins owner Danny Snyder is someone I admire for not giving in to political correctness.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Happy Dance! Happy Dance! Happy Dance! Happy Dance! OSU WON!!!!

There is hope for The COLTS!!!

Lisa

M

MacInWin

Urban Meyer did a great job of preparing his team, but he lost a lot of credibility by going for that last touchdown. Class coaches don't rub it in. Kneel downs would have been classy, but I guess Urban doesn't have any of that. Talent, but no class.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, he playing it off as not that huge a deal. He also is not saying if he will be back next year. If he quits that drops my Broncos support - like they will notice.
I became a Broncos fan when I moved to Colorado, and the following year, they got Elway. I figured, once I moved back to the Midwest, that my Broncos fetish would wane, but it hasn't. The Packers are my No. 2 now, but that took 20 years!

And as for Johnny-come-lately, I've been a 'Skins fan since I was 6, over 63 years ago. Does that get me the longevity or long-suffering crown?
That's loyalty, my friend. I've followed the Cubs for 50 years.

The Cubbies might as well be in the NFL for all their success in MLB! ;)
Watch it buddy. Those are fighting words! ;)

M

MacInWin

Hey, anybody who is a Cubbie gets full marks from me for loyalty! I followed them for a few years when WGN broadcast them nationwide on cable, but never really got fully into being a Cubbie. Too much pain. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok Ashwin, what about this Inflate Gate thing?

the Patriots - outside of New England, the most unpopular NFL team... wonder why?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.