Yosemite and external Iomega e-go drive

Reaction score
I just upgraded?? to yosemite and my external iomega e-go drive does not appear on my desktop or in disk first aid. I have many work projects and family photos on the drive. Any help accessing the drive would be appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No problem here with the same drive which I've been using since Mavericks and now with Yosemite. I have the Mac version which has the three input ports: USB 2, FW400, and FW800. Everything works as before.

How do you have it attached to your Mac (which you neglected to tell us anything about)?

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for asking. The Iomega e-go external drive is directly connected to my iMac via USB.

Reaction score
Try a new usb cable these drives although very reliable had a issue with cheap usb cable.

If that doesn't work the drive controller board is dead.

which means you need a new usb external box to place the drive in

M

MacInWin

Do you have another machine that you can use to connect the drive to verify that it's all ok? In my experience USB connections can be flaky sometimes, particularly with hard drives. I don't know why that is but Firewire is much more reliable, if you have it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.