Best way for attachments?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Studio, 32gb RAM, BenQ 270C Monitor, OS X 14.1.2
What is the best way to attach screen shots to a topic? I've tried using Manage Attachments and while it works, the screen shots are very large, much too large. Following a suggestion I then tried using the paper clip icon in the toolbar but got the same results. Is it best to just attach a link to a file and if so, how do I do that?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
What is the best way to attach screen shots to a topic? I've tried using Manage Attachments and while it works, the screen shots are very large, much too large. Following a suggestion I then tried using the paper clip icon in the toolbar but got the same results. Is it best to just attach a link to a file and if so, how do I do that?

First add your screen caps by clicking the paper clip icon. Once you have added them, put your cursor amid your text in the reply where you want the attachment to appear. Then click the little down-faciing triangle to pull up a list of the attachments you added and select what you want to appear in the spot where your cursor is located.

I just looked over your previous posts and this appears to be how you are doing it. There's nothing wrong with what you are doing. If you want to make the screen caps smaller, either reduce your display resolution before taking the screen caps, or just resize the screen caps before posting. There's free software to resize it, like Resize! or Seashore.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Studio, 32gb RAM, BenQ 270C Monitor, OS X 14.1.2
Thanks. Actually I did not do it, someone else (I forget who) edited my post and did it for me. But now I know.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can also use your "Preview" app to reduce screen shots before posting them. Large screen shots will cause scroll bars to appear requiring our members to scroll across the screen in order to see the entire screen shot. This can get annoying and may cause some members to skip over your post. The Mac App store has several good free applications which can aid you in taking and posting screen shots. Visit the MAS and browse around for one that you like.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.