Power Button Stuck

Reaction score
The power button on my MacBook Pro is stuck. and when I say stuck I mean it is non-press-able. I've done a little research and there are suggestions that there was some sort of liquid spilled on it but I have no knowledge of that. What i do know is that one day I forgot to charge it and it went dead and I haven't been able to turn it on since. Now the power cord does light up suggesting that there is nothing wrong with the cable or the battery but the button remains stuck. And again when I say stuck I mean STUCK as in it's not moving at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Changed your title and moved the post here to the correct forum. A "Help me" title is not appropriate. Also, how about providing some specs for your MacBook Pro, year and model and version of OS X.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.